Pavlova with Butter?
How did butter get into the Pavlova? Read on to find out!
I love Pavlova, the quintessential Australian dessert, and of course I had to find a way to incorporate butter into the finished product. Here is how it goes.
- Your favourite 9″ Pavlova Recipe (there are many good ones, just use your search engine or ask your Aussie bestie)
- 1 red Anjou Pear
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries with hulls on
- A few fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
Make your favourite Pavlova recipe. While it is cooling, prepare the fruit. Cut strawberries in half, leaving the hull on.
Quarter 1 Anjou pear, core and then slice into 1/4″ strips. (Leave the skin on). Drop the butter into a heated skillet. When melted, add the pear slices and sugar. Lightly cook over medium heat until just carmelized, but not too soft. Using a spatula, move the pears to a plate to cool.
Whip the cream with the confectioners sugar. Pipe onto the cooled pavlova. Arrange the cooled pear slices on top of the cream. Decorate with berries and pomegranate seeds. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.